Florida Mother Meliza Campos-Sanchez Arrested After Instagram Videos Show Her Pouring Hot Wax on Young Daughters and Starting Kitchen Fire -
A 26-year-old Miami-Dade mother is facing serious criminal charges after authorities say she posted Instagram videos showing her pouring hot melted candle wax onto her two young daughters and intentionally starting a fire in the family’s kitchen while the children were inside the home.
Meliza Campos-Sanchez was arrested on Monday, August 17, 2026, and charged with first-degree arson, child abuse, and child neglect, according to Miami-Dade jail records and arrest affidavits. The incident unfolded on Sunday, August 16, at a residence in the 4200 block of Southwest 95th Avenue.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue and sheriff’s deputies responded that day to a report of a kitchen fire. Investigators determined the blaze had been set deliberately using an open flame, combustible materials, and an ignitable liquid. Firefighters found damage to the tiled kitchen floor along with a silver mask, a red wand lighter, and a clear plastic bottle believed to have contained rubbing alcohol.
Authorities later discovered that Campos-Sanchez had posted two videos to her Instagram account documenting the events. In one video, she is seen in the kitchen using lit candles to pour melted wax first onto her own leg and then into the hands of her daughters, ages 6 and 3. In the second video, she appears wearing a silver mask, short dress, and underwear, singing and dancing while holding a lighter. She drops clothing onto the floor, sprays it with liquid from a bottle, and sets it on fire.
The older daughter told investigators that after her mother started the fire, she used a bowl of water to extinguish the flames. Remnants of the burned clothing were later found in a trash can outside the home.
Campos-Sanchez was taken to a hospital for a mental health evaluation under Florida’s Baker Act before being booked into the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center. A judge ordered her held without bond and appointed a public defender. Court records also indicate an immigration hold.
Her husband, Yusniel Cue, told investigators the couple had been experiencing marital problems and that he had been staying with his parents for about a week. He said he had contacted the Miami-Dade Sheriff’s Office roughly a week earlier out of concern for the children’s safety after his wife had previously attempted suicide. Friends of Campos-Sanchez had also alerted him to the Instagram videos on the day of the fire.
The two girls are now in the care of their father. Investigators noted that the videos appeared to show the children distressed as the wax was applied. One Spanish-language report quoted Campos-Sanchez telling her daughters, “You can’t be afraid! Promise me you won’t be afraid of anything,” as she poured the hot wax, framing the act as a lesson in overcoming fear.
Campos-Sanchez described herself on Instagram as a “Realtor without filters” who helps women build wealth and confidence. The videos quickly circulated online, prompting widespread concern among viewers who contacted authorities and the children’s father.
Prosecutors have charged her with one count of first-degree arson and multiple counts related to child abuse and neglect with no great bodily harm. The case remains under active investigation by the Miami-Dade Sheriff’s Office and fire investigators. Campos-Sanchez is scheduled to appear in court for further proceedings.
Child welfare advocates and local officials have not yet issued formal public statements beyond the details contained in the arrest reports. The incident has drawn significant attention across South Florida news outlets and social media, highlighting concerns about parental mental health, child safety, and the rapid spread of disturbing content online.
Authorities continue to review the full Instagram account and any additional evidence from the home. The children are reported to be safe with their father, and further updates are expected as the legal process moves forward.
This report is based on arrest affidavits, Miami-Dade jail records, and statements from local law enforcement as reported by multiple news organizations including NBC 6 South Florida, Law&Crime, and others.
